Friday, July 31, 2020

July 26 - Resort Adventures

July 26, 2020
Day 208 - 158 Days to go
Base Camp Coffee of the Day: Lost up the Creek (Colombia)

I'm always amused when I have folks in the tackle shop arguing with me over the absence of Bass, Crappies, Catfish and other fish species in Lake Taneycomo. Yes, the water turned cold upon the completion of Table Rock Dam some 70 years ago. But, it's still the White River and everything that was ever there is still there. Most of it simply gets ignored. Today a tackle shop customer came in bragging about a nice White Bass he caught out here, and it was indeed very nice.

The "Helpful" side of me always wants to insure customers that there is more than Trout in our lake. The ornery part of me sometimes simply agrees with them and let them live their lives in oblivion to the bountiful abundance of other "non-Trout" fishing that's available in this water.

We all have to believe in something. I believe I'll enjoy the fishing here every chance I get!

Adventure Quote: “Life is about the experience and the adventure.”
― Rob Steger



Sign up for "Resort Adventures"
and "The Last Resort" 
using the Subscribe forms to the right of the page

Rainbow Haven Listing
Last Resort

No comments:

Post a Comment