Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November 29 - DIY Homestead - Looking for a Dose of Youth

November 29, 2022

Day 424 of the Adventure

Here I sit on the back deck at 7am with temperatures already hovering around 60 degrees. It would have been an awesome day for a campfire were it not so windy. It's a little too early to tell whether the clouds overhead plan to move on or camp out over us. I guess either way will be fine. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but it's coming to mind again this morning. Our family lived not far from here in the Ozarks for a couple years when I was about eleven or twelve years old. You wouldn't think that very much of an impact could be had at that age. On the contrary, I became fully aware that the Ozarks would once again be called home if I had anything to do or say about it. Thirty years ago this coming Spring, Shelley and I had the opportunity to move our small family back here into the general area. It's only been in the past year that we've found our way out into the woods. In a few days, I'll be turning 62 years old and that means a lot of time has passed since I was eleven or twelve. A half a century as a matter of fact. There are times I wonder if I simply waited too long to commit to our "Cabin in the Woods" life. So many things have gotten more difficult in the past ten years. I suppose I'm finally understanding the old phrase "Youth is wasted on the young". I would certainly welcome a twenty year dose of youth about now. Life just doesn't work that way I guess. I suppose the next best thing is to sit here at sunrise, reminisce about the days of youth and then let my mind convince my body to get up from the chair and be dragged off in the direction of the day's project. I guess it's better than being dragged off in the direction of a time clock.

Carry On

Adventure Quote: “Youth is wasted on the young.” ― George Bernard Shaw

Base Camp Coffee of the Day: Lost on the Trail (Guatemala)

SNEAK PEEK of our Upcoming OFF-GRID project

Please Consider Subscribing to our monthly "How-To", Do-It-Yourself" newsletter in the upper right corner of this page.   AND........

Click any of the following Video links to start your own adventure with us on our YouTube Channel:  

Mountain Craft
Making Wooden Buckets (Cooper Craft)
Sassafras Tea Making (Chicks in the Sticks video)

DIY Construction Basics Videos
Shelley Painting Trim (Chicks in the Sticks video)

Sunday Morning Outdoor Breakfast Videos
August 28 Breakfast - Campfire Corned Beef Hash
August 7 Breakfast - Chorizo Burritos 
September 4 Breakfast - Outdoor French Toast
September 11 Breakfast - Run-AmuckMuffins
September 18 Breakfast - Dutch Oven Breakfast Frittata
November 27 Breakfast - Corned Beef Hash and Eggs

Fun Videos
Run Amuck Road Trip - Thunder Muffins
Run-Amuck Road Trip - Roaring River State Park


Treasured Times Crew to the Rescue Cabin Building (Treasured Times Video)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment