Friday, December 14, 2018

December 14 - Resort Adventures

Base Camp Premium Coffee
When in the Resort Business, it's important to make every decision count when it comes to income. At least that's true if they are relatively small properties. One of the things we decided to add to our Rainbow Haven Resort Gift Shop this year was Premium Roasted Coffee. We had researched this for over a year looking for the right roaster and getting labels made. It took longer to get going than we planned but by last Spring we had our coffee.

Starting the morning with a good cup of coffee is excellent, but boxing and shipping coffee is almost better. It fills the office with the aroma of fresh coffee that brings a smile to the face. Today I started by shipping a case of coffee to North Dakota.

My Future Deviled Eggs
Don't let this next part scare you. Occasionally, we have resort guests that will offer to leave us their unused groceries when they prepare to leave for home. Sometimes that's good, sometimes not. In this case however, it worked. A very nice group of roofers were in town for a few days replacing a roof on a local business. Upon leaving, they offered us over half of a 60 case of eggs. 31 eggs to be exact. I can usually eat two for breakfast or maybe three in an omelet. BUT, deviled eggs...… I could possibly eat all 31. So, Deviled eggs it is. (I suppose I'll even consider sharing a few of them with the rest of the family tomorrow) …… (If there are any still left by tomorrow)

Since it rained all day yesterday, I'm going to make another attempt at getting the fireplace going today.

3 hours later...….. Still raining

2 more hours later ……….. Still raining!  I suppose getting wet isn't the worst thing that could happen!

It's now dark outside aaaaannnnd…. It's still dark in the fireplace.

I ended up doing other resort business this afternoon by meeting with the Mayor of Rockaway Beach about some business related issues. I think that was productive (unlike my gas line, flare tool, reconnect the fireplace project in the rain!)

Tomorrow is another day.....Life at the Resorts

No comments:

Post a Comment