Saturday, August 22, 2020

August 18 - Resort Adventures

August 18, 2020

Day 231 - 135 Days to go
Base Camp Coffee of the Day: Lost on the Lake (Colombia/Sumatra blend)

I've been reflecting on our "Resort Adventure" and how it's changing. A year ago, we were presiding over four resort properties and now with the sale of Cross Timbers Cabins and The Fisherman's Hide-Out, we are looking to the future adventure and what it might look like. 

The picture to the right was taken by a good friend Don Taylor during one of his stay's at the Rainbow Haven Resort. I added the caption "My goal is to build a life that I don't need a vacation from". In many ways, that statement is the epitome of my Resort Adventure. Even though it can be a lot of work on some days (sometimes entire season's) It's a fun work with an abundance of rewards. 

At nearly 60 years old now, I am appreciating the life more and more. I've asked myself if this is what retirement will feel like for me and the answer may be yes. Who knows for sure at this point, but if this lifestyle turned out to be a peek at retirement, it wouldn't be that bad. 

Adventure Quote: "Here's to having an excellent adventure and may the stopping never start"


Sign up for "Resort Adventures"
using the Subscribe forms to the right of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment