Wednesday, January 24, 2024

January 24 - The Campfire Trail - Minus the Picture You Don't Want to See!

January 24, 2024

Day 845 of the Adventure

Cedar sprig with fog induced droplets. Nice!
The chill of a cool 40 degree rain is typically never that welcome with me. Unless, of course, it arrives in late January. In January, any sort of rain that is not preceded with the word "freezing" is welcome. We awoke to a mild fog and comparatively mild temperatures. After coming out of the below zero event last week, it felt, dare I say, "Balmy"? I snapped a few pictures of it from the back deck, then decided on a bolder move. Wearing nothing more than shorts and tennis shoes, I wandered off into the woods for some close-ups. I thought about getting a selfie to prove I actually braved the cold and drizzle in a lot of bare skin. But after seeing what that looked like, decided to spare the readers from the........... Yeah, Whatever. It did not look good! I have the ability to improve a lot of things but my general physical contribution to the natural scenery is not one of them. 

Nevertheless, it was an exhilarating experience....... for the first ten minutes. After that, I was ready to get back to the woodstove and the hot cup of coffee waiting there for me. I don't necessarily recommend wandering around it the woods like this, but from time to time, and in the appropriate environment, you should give it a try. 

It actually gave me a better "wake up" boost than the coffee did this morning.  

Carry On

Adventure Quote:  “Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.”
― Roy T. Bennett


Make sure to visit our website regularly to see new products and resources.

Base Camp Coffee of the Day: Lost in the Woods (Colombia/Costa Rica blend)


Please Consider Subscribing to our monthly "How-To", Do-It-Yourself" newsletter in the upper right corner of this page.   AND........

Click any of the following Video links to start your own adventure with us on our YouTube Channel:  

Creating a "Roadmap" Back to the Land


Our 30 Day "Back to the Land" Playlist




  

No comments:

Post a Comment