July 28, 2026
Day 1,763 of the Adventure
The dog days of summer are the traditionally hot, sultry, and humid 40-day period spanning from July 3 to August 11 each year. As of July 28, I'd say we are in the dog days......... Maybe even the "double dog" days. It feels like we are at about the midway point of summer and I'm not sure it's been as productive of a stretch this year as I would have hoped. I guess time probably needs to be measured by things other than productivity. My last posting described the drastic changes we've experienced this year so far and how that is setting us up for a new chapter of life. The sale of our treehouse resort and the purchase of additional land at Camp Run-Amuck has opened up a potentially new stretch of adventure for us. One that I'm hoping I still have some "gas in the tank" for. I've been out on the new land briefly last year tracking a deer through part of it. Other than that, I haven't set foot on it. Shelley hiked the perimeter of it yesterday and came back with some interesting reports of beautiful bluffs and massive trees. I'll get out there eventually, but for now the dog days have me focused on projects near the cabin. Namely that of attempting to get the basement of our house finished up.
Carry On
Adventure Quote: "Here's to having an excellent adventure and may the stopping never start!"
Resources
Make sure to visit our website regularly to see new products and resources.
YouTube Channel: The Campfire Trail
Our Books
Treasures of Life - Daily Devotional by Shelley
Treasures of Life 2 - Daily Devotional by Shelley
Back to the Land - Planning your Back to the Land Roadmap by Martin
Wealth Creation - Principles of Wealth Creation by Martin
Please Consider Subscribing to our newsletter in the upper right corner of this page.

No comments:
Post a Comment