Saturday, January 26, 2019

January 26 - Resort Adventures

January 26, 2019
Day 26 - 339 Days to go
34 Days until March 1
Base Camp Coffee of the Day: Lost on the Trail


Ruby the Robot (Shelley's Roomba)
When it's into the waning days of January and nothing much is happening and it's cold and adventure is scarce, you take it wherever you can get it. In this case, the adventure happened early this morning while I was out picking up supplies from the lumber yard. I might add that it was not my adventure and not even Shelley's. It was Shelley's new Christmas gift "Ruby" ("The Robot" as Shelley refers to it..... or "her") Ruby, still learning the ins and outs of navigating a Resort home, office, tackle shop and warehouse, stumbled into, or I suppose, rolled into one of the many tackle storage areas in the house and found herself hopelessly tangled up and fighting with a spool of fishing line. I would imagine that it would have been the human equivalent of wrestling with an anaconda. The fight lasted a short time before the fishing line prevailed and Ruby had worked herself into a stall. Shelley came to the rescue when silence filled the house. Ruby was not complaining, she was simply sitting there idle, bound by 6lb test. I thought it was odd that 6lb would actually render a robot useless. I figured it would take at least 10lb or 12lb to do the job. Nevertheless, once free of the line, Ruby continued on as if nothing had happened and it was all just part of the hazards of being employed at a resort. I know exactly how she feels sometimes. I guess we'll know by tomorrow morning if the whole experience was too traumatic for her if she decides to not show up for work tomorrow!

I do wonder though if she made a digital note of where the dreaded lair of the fishing tackle is located...….. I sure would if I were her!

"Like most adventures, you don’t know you’re having one until you’re right in the middle of it.” 
                            (Just ask Ruby)



No comments:

Post a Comment