Saturday, August 22, 2020

August 20 - Resort Adventures

August 20, 2020

Day 233 - 133 Days to go
Base Camp Coffee of the Day: Ozark Mountain Turtle (Chocolate/Caramel/Pecan flavors)

I realized just this morning as I looked at the date on the posting and saw "August 20". For whatever reason, late August has always seemed to be when we would get around to taking our Northwoods trips to the Boundary Waters area of north Minnesota. In all honesty, if the winters weren't so long and cold there, we would very likely had moved north instead of south from Iowa back in 1993. 

The Boundary Waters hold a special attraction to me. It is a remote and beautiful area, covered with thousands of lakes and waterways. We've stayed in the area in campers and cabins many times and every August I will get this "itch" I call it, to travel north. It looks like this year it will not likely happen, but the fond memories stick with me and I'll imagine being there in the evening as I sit out on our front deck looking at our southwest Missouri lake. 

Adventure Quote: “The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt



Sign up for "Resort Adventures"
using the Subscribe forms to the right of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment