Friday, April 12, 2024

April 9 - The Campfire Trail - As Long As I Don't Have To Mow It

April 9, 2024

Day 921 of the Adventure

An early April cold front is reminding us that while it is Springtime, we are not immune to chilly weather on occasion. It has not reached freezing and I don't think it will. Still, it's been uncomfortably cool and looks to be for a couple days. The grass we have growing down the hill doesn't seem to mind. This is the very first time in my entire life that I have grass that does not demand mowing from me. I'm sure at some point I'll need to cut it back, but for now, I can simply watch it grow. It may be the first grass on the entire property since what was there has always been forest. The deer love it. Most mornings, they will find their way into our back yard to nibble their way around in it. They are a skittish bunch though. It's hard to get out the back door without startling them. At some point I'll have to put some extra effort into it. There were seven of them out there this morning. As soon as I stepped out onto the deck, they took off in seven different directions. I suppose this is the beginning of a lawn that I'll have to tend to at some point. For now though, I'm very content with just watching it being green. 

Carry On

Adventure Quote:  “I can breathe where there is green. Green grows hope. It keeps my heart beating and helps me remember who I am.” ― Courtney M. Privett

Base Camp Coffee of the Day: Lost on the Trail (Guatemala)

Resources

Make sure to visit our website regularly to see new products and resources.

YouTube Channel: The Campfire Trail
YouTube Channel: Life of Treasures

Our Books
Treasures of Life - Daily Devotional by Shelley
Treasures of Life 2 - Daily Devotional by Shelley
Back to the Land - Planning your Back to the Land Roadmap by Martin
Wealth Creation - Principles of Wealth Creation by Martin

Please Consider Subscribing to our monthly "How-To", Do-It-Yourself" newsletter in the upper right corner of this page.   AND........

Click any of the following Video links to start your own adventure with us on our YouTube Channel:  

Creating a "Roadmap" Back to the Land


Our 30 Day "Back to the Land" Playlist



Creating Sustainable Income

Creating Sustainable Income Make sure you are subscribed to "The Campfire Trail" YouTube channel and have the "Notification Bell" set to "ALL" to receive notifications of new video publications. 
Video List

No comments:

Post a Comment