Tuesday, December 18, 2018

December 18 - Resort Adventures

Today I've pretty much confined myself to the office  to get some marketing done. It's not a glamorous job but it's a job that cannot be ignored. It's a job that I estimate takes (or should take) about 20% of my time. The fun "Resorty" stuff doesn't happen when working on marketing. Things like fixing broken water pipes, boats or gas lines, but without at least some marketing going on, the rest wouldn't matter. Among other things, trying to help create interesting attractions in town also helps with marketing. The Christmas Island is one such thing. It was started in 2017 and has survived through 2018, so that's a good start. It's mostly a community driven event that lasts through November and December. It does attract guests for the lights, pictures with Santa on Saturday nights along with complimentary coffee, hot chocolate and cookies.

As far as the other marketing, I won't bore you with details (Besides, most of it is "Secret Agent", "Need to Know" kind of stuff anyway!) At least that's what I've convinced myself! The pic to the left is what I see on my marketing days. Computer, chips and spinach dip, Gatorade, stack of bills that's being ignored. (Oh wait, I hope my bankers aren't reading this!) It's okay, I'm sure they like to imagine it that way anyway. As a matter of fact, this is a lot what my view looks like on bill paying day as well. Except for the addition of a box of tissues that need to be handy when paying bills.

Besides the resorts, I had mentioned that we are attempting to purchase another property. It's not a resort, but it is related in the entertainment and food business. Our negotiations moved slightly forward today but they also appear to be slowing to where I'm not sure we will reach the magic mark on price and terms. Plus, the banks we are dealing with are doing their best impression of......Banks. They remind us how they all want to be our bank and work with us, until we actually bring them something to work with. Then they look at us like we are holding a dead skunk. Well, we've been there before and prevailed and we've been there before and failed (to get financing that is) So the game goes on.

Otherwise, today was a BEAUTIFUL day with temps in the upper 50's. We are at Day 73 into my "90 Days 'til Spring Coundown". I'll explain that tomorrow.

Life is Great at the Resorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment