Wednesday, December 19, 2018

December 19 - Resort Adventures

72 Days until "My Spring" starts
Yesterday, I eluded to my "90 Days 'til Spring" countdown. It's my self defense mechanism to help me get through December, January and February. I even wrote a blog article about the mindset I've developed to help me cope with winter. It's called "The Incremental Winter". In the past it's been an agonizing stretch. Mostly because money gets tight and figuring out how to keep the bills paid until business picks back up in March can be a challenge. This year however, I think we are actually going to enjoy the slow season. This summer, all of the resorts pretty much pulled their weight during the summer and it feels like we have reserves to make it to Spring.

The Resorts will be taking a back seat today to another task. We are nearing completion on renovations at our home in Ozark (our official home) Once completed, it will be going on the market to sell. We are a little bit of carpet away from having the interior complete. Along with a little landscaping to finish the outside. We bought this home in 1993 (26 years ago this coming Spring) I suppose you can see the "Cabin" trend was going on quite a while ago.

The carpet, pad and tools are on site and believe me, some of it is actually installed. Looks like tomorrow will be another carpet laying day though. We slept in until 9 o'clock today recovering from those early morning, grandson babysitting days on Monday and Tuesday. Maybe we'll start a little earlier tomorrow...…...Maybe not!


I would really rather be sitting on the deck, looking at the lake and sipping Ice Tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment