Monday, December 24, 2018

December 23 - Resort Adventures, Week 51 "In The Books"

Could you tell that today was longer than yesterday? No? Well it was, Today is day 68 on my 90 Days until Spring countdown. I know I'm messing with people on this but March 1 is my own personal "1st day of Spring".

During the summer when things are so busy you don't have time to think, I usually reserve Sunday nights for my "Week in the Books" report. It mostly goes to facebook followers but I will occasionally include bits and pieces in other places. It gives our guests and prospective guests an idea of what goes on around here. We are currently at week 51 in the books at the resorts. From a business point of view, we had an excellent year in most aspects. there have been a few bumps along the way. One thing I did this year was getting pictures on the lake at sunrise. I didn't get one everyday, but the trend seemed to catch on with our guests. I began seeing more and more guests getting up before sunrise to get their own amazing photographs of the lake.

So this weeks "Week in the Books" included just two guests. One passing through for a night and the other just getting a short "get-away for a couple nights. Honestly, I didn't see either of them while they were here. We arranged a self check in for them due to either a late arrival or us being gone when they arrived. Both seemed very content with that.

We've begun to consolidate our inventory of gift shop items. Most of that includes T-shirts, hoodies, a variety of coffee cups, custom roasted coffee, ball caps, magnets, and other souvenirs. I always start the year intending to keep better track of it. But once things get really, I resort to the order and sell and order and sell routing until I'm almost completely lost on what we have. So, by the end of this week, I should have a good idea of what I'll need to plan for going into Spring.

Finally, Christmas is only a day away and while resort activities will be minimal, once we get past that, the week between Christmas and New Years is reserved for me to begin organizing the plans for the coming year. You wouldn't think it would be that complicated, and it's not I suppose, but experience has taught me that it's better to do some planning and projecting that just leave it to itself. So that will start on Wednesday or Thursday.

Week 51 is In The Books at the resorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment