Sunday, March 31, 2019

March 30 - Resort Adventures

March 30, 2019
Day 89 - 276 Days to go
Base Camp Coffee of the Day: Lost in the Woods (Colombia/Costa Rica blend)


In spite of a rainy day, I still managed to get a number of things accomplished. Mainly it was all at The Last Resort. Saturday is typically a day that I have to stick around the tackle shop but with the cold, wind and rain, not much was happening there. One of the benefits of working in and around Cabin 6 there is that it has a fireplace in it. It didn't take much of a fire to have the whole cabin almost too toasty to be comfortable working in. 

Oddly enough, when I refer to the "Resort Adventure", quite a bit of the "Adventure" is simply enjoying the lifestyle associated with cabins, resort properties, the lake nearby, even the "resort feel" that the old town has to it. After having worked for so many years doing things I really couldn't enjoy doing, this is a great experience. The idea of working on a lake cabin (even though it is work) is like a breath of life  and freedom...… and yes, even "Adventure", to me. At nearly 60 years old, I'm experiencing the life and dreams of a young man. 

So this was my work-space today. 


The Last Resort Project: 
I finished framing up the two new bay windows in the front of Cabin 6. It still looks a little plain and unfinished without the new porch entry and roof, but that will be next.

The funny thing is that goofy metal chimney flue sticking out of the roof at a weird angle. I'm certain that it doesn't attach to anything. I guess I need to figure out where it goes!

“Freedom seeking is the path to coming alive again.”
Beth Kempton

Gift Item feature: Rockaway Beach souvenir coffee mug

Call me at: 417-234-4394 to place an order.







Sign up for "Resort Adventures"
and "The Last Resort" 
using the Subscribe forms to the right of the page

No comments:

Post a Comment