Wednesday, March 31, 2021

March 18 - Resort Adventures

March 18, 2021
Day 77 - 288 Days To Go
Base Camp Coffee of the Day: Lost in the Fog (Guatemala Decaf)

I've felt a little "Lost in the Fog" this past two weeks. As I write this, I'm nearly two weeks behind on the Resort Adventure postings. Mostly that has to do with the ramp up schedule we've been on getting the Marina Inn ready to go for the season. It's not just the resort itself though. This time around I've personally been on a handful of "learning curves" that are just about maxing out my mental capacity. There's the reservation system we inherited which is different than any I've used and much more complex (not in a good way either) Then there's the water system, which is pretty much exactly the same as the one at the treehouses. However it has additional equipment to treat a relatively high iron content in the water and that is complicated (in a good way) but still a challenge to operate correctly. I'm working with a little bit different lead generation process (something else to learn) We installed a Point of Sale system both here and at the treehouses (MUCH better than anything we've used in the past, but still something new to learn) Finally, I've decided to begin doing some video editing of the activities around here so that means learning video cameras, GoPro's, and editing software. OH...... and don't forget the new marketing platform for the rooms. I's working great, but I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread all the time just keeping up.  OH...... and then there's the tackle shop which is still scattered out all over three rooms. 

So much for writing a world class novel and going through astronaut training!

I think I'm about ready to go back to Florida!

Adventure Quote: “Until you step into the unknown, you don’t know what you’re made of.”
― Roy T. Bennett










Click the following links to start your own adventure with us




Sign up for "Resort Adventures"
using the Subscribe forms to the right of the page

For You Fishermen (and Fisher-Girls) sign up on the Base Camp Fishing form to the right

No comments:

Post a Comment