Friday, December 28, 2018

December 28 - Resort Adventures

The Ghost of Mrs. O'Leary's Cow
Friday began with a humorous, sarcastic look at an on-going quest that I have been on for a couple years. It does concern resorts, at least in the respect of the negative attention caused by a burned house in proximity to some of the cabins that we will be beginning work on next month. For some reason, there seems to be nothing the town or any individual can do to deal with it. I decided to turn to sarcasm to see if that works. When it's ready to be published, I'll make sure to include a link. I can only say that the story will have something to do with "The Ghost of Mrs. O'Leary's Cow".

At some point I read that entertaining a prospective guest works better as a marketing tool than a constant barrage of sales material. I hope it's true because I would much rather entertain than sell. If it's true, then I suppose the question really is whether or not I'm any good at it. When the Ghost Cow story goes public, I guess you can decide for yourselves.

I never noticed it much, but getting into the winter season does seem to be slower that even I thought. Not that we don't have a lot of things to do to get ready for Spring. It's just that since I've been journaling our days, I noticed that getting up and going at 9:30 in the morning is much more common than I would have thought. But that's okay. I remember thinking to myself back in April that I was not ready for the 12-16 hour days that we would be locked into through September. I was too tired for it clear back then and the summer was a long and busy one. This winter season, I am already beginning to feel rested and it's not even January yet.

Resort Adventures...….. I'm enjoying the sleeping late and coffee drinking by the fire more this year than I have in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment